Friday, November 23, 2007

Wikis

I like the concept of Wikis, especially for the kind of information as set up on the 10 Things site. It's fun to see everyone's favorite movies and restaurants. The site becomes more valuable as more people add to it. While I appreciate the entries in Wikipedia and have used it on occasion for basic information on a topic (especially in technology), my Reference training leads me to respect the authority of a credentialed individual authoring an article on a subject. Of course, in many cases, the authors of Wikipedia articles do have credentials for what they are writing. I enjoyed seeing some of the other Wikis out there such as the Biz Wiki at Ohio University or St. Joseph County Business Wiki. These have ideas that could be useful to Skokie's business community.

No comments: